Monday, April 26, 2021

5, Donuts

People who received one or both COVID-19 vaccine shots are entitled to a free Krispy Kreme donut! This is totally unique for 2021.

https://www.krispykreme.com/promos/vaccineoffer

Jack and I went out of our way to get our free donuts last Sunday. Of course, we also bought half a dozen donuts and a latte since we feel bad for getting free stuff. Then I was reminded how much I love donuts and that Krispy Kreme is definitely my favorite! It's soft, fine, sweet and fried, what's not to like? (OK, it's super unhealthy, I know)

Curious as I am, I can't stop wondering about the origin of donuts so my search begins. It turns out donut was first referenced in an 1809 book: "History of New York" as brought in by Dutch settlers to New York. There had been so many versions of doughnuts around the world it's funny! Check it out -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doughnut

That can't be true, started around 1809? Perhaps I'm looking for the "Origin of fried dough" that was traced back to 8000 BC in China and Egypt "after the invention of pottery allowed for oil to be heated in pots." according to this article https://eatmagazine.ca/the-great-unifier-the-history-of-fried-dough/

Food can truly unite a family, a nation, and the world. Isn't this something for us to celebrate and embrace?

So thanks Krispy Kreme, and for that, I need to commit to exercising every day of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

8. Knowledge and Wisdom

Knowledge is what you learn from books and in school. Wisdom is developed by combining book knowledge with your own life's experience.  ...